Galileo Galilei, the pioneer of modern astronomy and physics, (1564-1642), discovered that liquids change density as the temperature increases or decreases. Based on this principle, the colored glass spheres inside the glass Galileo thermometer have been precisely weighted so that they respond to temperature changes.
When the temperature rises, the liquid inside the Galileo thermometer becomes less dense and the colored spheres floating inside will sink towards the bottom. When the temperature of the room cools, the process is reversed and the spheres will rise from the bottom.
The glass Galileo thermometer combines style and functionality as a beautiful accent piece for any home or office. Features a 7.5-inch Galileo thermometer and wooden base. Makes a great gift item and lasting conversation piece!
- Thick, sturdy mouth-blown glass construction with solid pine wood base
- 7.5-inch glass Galileo thermometer
- Colorful, liquid filled bulbs descend and ascend with temperature changes
- Lowest floating bulb indicates temperature
- Measures temperatures from 64 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit
For ALL wood products, items in stock ship within 2 weeks and items NOT in stock ship in 6 weeks. Please call if you have a need by date to verify availability.
Note: Be sure to double check your spelling as we are not responsible for spelling errors.